Are you in the process of developing a new mobile app for your business or organization?
Then don’t forget about the hidden, critical piece of technology that keeps everything operating smoothly—and runs silently in the background. I’m talking about your mobile marketing platform.
What is a mobile marketing platform? A mobile marketing platform is the back-end technology that you use to control and monitor your app—and is almost as important as the app itself, to make sure that you connect with your customers.
Through your mobile platform, you can manage:
- User logins
- Rewards programs
- Marketing campaigns
- User communications
Your mobile app developer may have a basic platform that they include with their app, or you can get a more robust one from a SaaS provider that specializes in this type of technology.
Either way, you’ll want to test-drive the mobile marketing platform before you buy. Here’s what to look for:
- Robust reporting—the platform is where you’ll get all your reports on the system and users—so make sure it includes a wide variety of built-in and customized reports that meet your needs.
- Easy control panel—this is where you’ll add/change products, pricing, and more—so be certain you’re comfortable with the layout and functionality.
- Detailed demographics—you should be able to get detailed information about your user base, including who’s buying, what they buy, and who’s opting in to your rewards programs.
- Ability to add new technologies—to manage your e-commerce transactions, event registrations, in-store deals, on-the-spot promotions, etc.
- Flexible marketing communications—to manage all of your special offers, deals, coupons, and messages.
- Contextually targeted delivery of content—to your users, based on: who they are, what they are doing, and why they are doing it.
Remember, behind every great mobile app is an excellent mobile platform—and you’ll need both to be successful in the mobile marketplace.